Thread: after addiction
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ctg492

oUttolunch.
I am not involved in knowing what they do there hourly. We are distant and letting events happen as they should for him and us. We were given a basic daily chart of what goes on with the residents as to not visist during those times. Knowing they have free time ofcourse. They are required to get up, then the days have some pretty basic bolcks to fill with individuals having other assorted things to do. Day starts with meditation and prayer, education(twice a day), eating times, 24 hour counslor in house, chores, gym, volenteering is 16 hours(more if wanted and they do) minimum a week on campus/hospital, there is a public cafe and gift shop to help in, general houshold skills meal planning /shopping/ IOP,ERG, indidual therapy and DR visits, every type 12 step meeting there is(I did not know there were so many groups) required, they can leave if they so wish to to personal stuff or go home, drug tests randomly, church on campus,lights out at a certian time.
I had a hard time not thinking it was a bunch of guys(girls) laying around vacationing when this all started. Then I came here and read the stories and understood how much work is put into each persons recovery. It is a full time job I understand.
Yes I have said before this is not a gold pass for success, I have no bliders on, I am not putting my happiness on his success. I do think for him it was the best we could offer at this one time shot. He has been clean since 10-19-11 and has been at this facility for three of the months, and he is a very different person to be around now. So all we can do is hope and pray for him and everyone who walks these shoes.