View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
KuanYin

elle88, welcome. tjp's post could have been written by me about my AS as well. So your AH says he's only using h once a week? That may be true. And I'd venture to guess that he is shooting oxys/roxys on the other days of the week when he's not using h. To him, technically that would not be a lie. When they shoot oxys/roxys and take (or sniff) benzos (xanax, k-pins, valium) with it, they get the same effect or better as heroin. Only some addicts actually prefer the oxycontin/roxys over heroin.

If he's been using for a while, he'd likely need to use at least every 24 hours. At least. Within 48 hours without an opiate, he'd start getting sick. Getting sick because of the drug is not a bad thing. Negative consequences because of the drugs is not a bad thing. Unless your addict husband suffers, and suffers a lot because of his drug use, he will never have a reason to think about not using it. Otherwise why would he give up the euphoria that heroin and/or oxy/roxy produces? If his family members help him, and make it easy for him to continue using, I'll venture a guess that he will choose the euphoric state of mind over everything else. This was a hard lesson for me to learn. And I'm still learning it.