View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SeekingGrowth

Freedom 1990, thanks so much for this very helpful post. I so appreciate the advice and comments that everyone has shared. It has helped me to be stronger. Yesterday, I told my AS that he needed to start the IOP TODAY and meet with the recovery house owner TODAY (I found one that sounded good). I had to go to work, and when I returned, my AS wanted to talk to me. He said that he had decided that he needed to just get away from everything, to think about things, and work on changing his attitude. He had decided to go up north to stay with a friend until Sunday. This is the friend who first introduced him to heroin, who has shot him up in the past because my AS can't shoot up himself. He said that this friend is clean now and that he wants to relax with this friend and talk about recovery. He forgot that he had told me two weeks ago that the friend OD'd on heroin and had to be rushed to the hospital. My AS claimed that when he returns on Sunday, he will be clean and ready to enter the recovery house.

I have not doubt that he will be doing drugs with his friend up north, and that he has been continuing his active addiction since he was released from rehab just over a week ago. I think that he may actually think that this is his "last hurrah" before getting serious about getting clean, but I also think that he is fooling himself. He won't be able to get clean by Sunday, or thereafter. In any event, he will not be moving back into my house. Our understanding when he left was that he would either test clean and go to a recovery house when he returned, or if he tested dirty, he would go somewhere else but definitely not in my house. I'm going to be spending this week packing and organizing his things so that everything is ready to go when he returns. This is all so heartbreaking, but it is helpful to know that everyone posting on this forum has been where I am now. I draw strength from all the support I find on this site.