View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tnw

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
The distance between us seemed to only hurt the situation, so he moved back home and continued to use.

it doesn't matter WHERE he is, or how close he is to you, he left TREATMENT to get high. in the very BEST place to get help to stay clean, he made the decision to use. and continues to do so. and is living in the hotel where his dealer lives. you've been together for 8 years and THIS is where he is after all this time.

his addiction had NOTHING to do with you. you aren't saving him.....you do not have the power to overcome HIS addiction. sadly his addiction is taking you down - so two lives are drowning.

i'm a former crack addict as is my husband....over 4.5 years now. it's a battle to be sure, but nothing i did got him clean, i barely made it myself. and i was ready to LEAVE him if he was going to keep using. there was no other choice i COULD make.

Absolutely. You guys are saying exactly what I need to hear. I guess I am just blinded by love or making excuses to keep things going. It's strange how I'm just as much an addict in this situation as he is. I know I need to separate myself from the situation, if not for him then me. You are so right in the sense that I feel like I'm drowning with him, and I really can't continue to live like that. I just hope that me making that decision can help him (eventually) see where his life is headed because of his decisions.