View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gplmdyw

Triggers and Exhaustion

I just came into ACA from AA. I've been clean and sober many years and gone through the steps thoroughly, which led me to ACA. My question is about exhaustion.

Since my first day in AA I automatically "got it" that i was there to heal and help others. To my surprise, I immediately began to receive some terrible behavior, girl cliques, etc., and lately I've actually been getting people contacting me online, text message and via phone to intentionally manipulate me. I know these AAs are suffering and looking for relief, and I believe my Adult Child fear and vulnerability leaves me as a perfect target.

I am not trying to be a victim, I know I could do better staving it off - and will. But here's my question:

Around 1 year sober i started being exhausted. This has gotten worse over time and I can't work or commit to anything because I'm tired. Could AA have been triggering me all these years? Is being there the same thing as being in my childhome home again?

I am trying to decide if I should leave AA and JUSt do ACA but part of me is afraid I'll drink, although I suppose I can do my spiritual stepwork in AA at home while continuing this journey with only ACA meetings.