View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Raven4136

It is day 6 since I have taken any opiates and day 5 since I went on sub. I finally woke up this morning feeling somewhat ok. Still on the toilet a little but otherwise so far so good. I'm very glad because today I take care of my two year old son while hubby is at work.

I'm still on the fence about the sub though. I'm supposed to be using it for pain as well as wd and it doesn't seem to be doing crap. I was laying on the floor doing all of my stretches yesterday for my hip that I was taught in PT over the last year to no avail. If it is not going to be an effective pain medicine then I am nervous about being on it for the long haul after reading how difficult it is to get off of. My pain managment doc made it sound like a breeze compared to the oxy and morphine. Now that I've been through the worst of the detox, I wonder if I should just taper off from here and see what my pain is like. On the other end I wonder if that is not so smart as it may lead to heavier cravings for opiates that are now being covered by the sub? I'm so torn!!