View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stopdropburn
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Hmmm.....I was on a fair amount of opiates, any that came in an Rx bottle, prior to starting Suboxone. When I was in w/d I started my first dose, and was freaking because it wasn't kicking in, so I keot taking more and more until both the 8mg tabs I had were gone, went all that day in w/d, woke up the next morning high as a kite, and stayed there not til the next day, but the day after.....very different, but an idea of the odd way it sometimes acts. After that I was fine. I have noticed that I would experience less w/d with a solid a.m. dose, verus when I used to take a smaller a.m. then smaller p.m.. I've read a few posts where people were changed by their doctors to take more smaller doses when they were experiencing TOO much effect from it. I would definitely ask your doctor about the idea, but stick to what they said until then. I myself was not ever prescribed any of the opiates or Subs I obtained, and a Suboxone habit can be just as addicting as any other opiate, trust me. Get off when you're supposed to. Good luck, hope they help you figure it out.