View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
click85
One day at a time!

Originally Posted by robertchicago View Post
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place. I am not even sure if anyone will even read this.

Today is the first day of the rest of my sober life from Heroin. My wife has been on it for about a year and I have been on it for about 3 months and I can tell you that it was never my plan to become addicted and I have. So yesterday we decided that we wanted our clean productive lives back and so we chose today to be the first day of the rest of our lives.

We are both trying to do this cold turkey with vitamins, our jacuzzi hottub and immodium. Any advice would be greatly helped. If all else fails I have a few subutex to ease the withdrawal. But I think I will save that for her.

Again any support, advice, and or words of encouragement would be appreciated. We really want to make it through this and be normal again.

Rob
Hey!
Great Job on initiating the first step. I was an opiate user for over 6 years and have been clean over 15days now. You guys are on your way. You have all the right tools use them to your benefit. I would also recommend some kind of sleep aid and make sure both of you drink lots of Gatorade and stay away from caffeine. You'll feel worse before you feel better so if you can take anytime off work I would recommend it. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the forums. You guys are not alone with this. Stay strong and keep posting. I know you guys can do it! Good Luck!!!!