Thread: Leaving AA
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
THEOjibway

If you don't hate the people or the program then don't leave. You have to remember everyone is on the same level, we're all just citizens trying to get sober. If AA weren't around then MOST of us would surely be dead. Sure not everyone reaches AA in time or really wants to go because the term GOD is used in it.

With the program it HAS helped you as you say. If you leave and try staying sober on your own it'll be harder. Sure, some have left AA and stayed sober for the rest of their lives but I know I can't leave the fellowship for inside it makes me feel I'm giving up on it and will probably return to my old drinking ways. I have become a very different guy ever since I came to AA. Before AA I was not the kind to speak much or share my feelings. I kept them inside. Now. Now I can speak my mind and really open it up and take people's suggestions and wisdom. In the end it's up to you really to decide if you really want to leave. Are you really going to leave because of someone else's mistakes? In aa it doesn't mean you are perfect. We all make mistakes. it's good you chose another sponsor to interact with if your uncomfortable with the other from his past issues. But their his issues so you shouldn't contradict AA is a bad place to be just from one person. And i'm sure he is working on his amends. I hope you stay with it. AA is a good place and has really shown me another side of myself I never knew existed until now. Good luck.