Thread: Leaving AA
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I've said this before, but the principles/concepts of the "program" are age old and gathered from a variety of sources. You can practice these ideas (all or just some of them) without the fellowship, if you choose.
If you are successfully and happily not drinking, getting on about the business of living, then it comes down to a matter of whom you want to spend your time with.
Staying with the fellowship, or leaving it, needed be a choice that is set in stone either.
Originally Posted by Theophania
I was told by other long timers in my early sobriety that I would drink again cause I was so happy, so I musn't be doing it right.
LOL I was told that too.
too happy = relapse
not happy enough/resentments=relapse
no higher power=relapse
reject the disease theory=relaspe
less than accepted # of meetings=relapse
declaring permanent abstinence=relapse
no sponsor=relaspe
"over-thinking"=relapse
The way I feel about this is, just because someone says something, doesn't make it true. I really had to find my own personal truths.
I fully respect everyone's path out of addiction...thrilled when others find their way out, because I know, I've been there...so them experiencing the freedom I experience brings me great joy.