View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Peaches04

Hi wolflvr.. go easy on yourself. What you did is reacted to an intolerable situation...I bet everyone has done it, and kicked ourselves for it later! Let it go.. forgive yourself. What has helped me recently is that I have really taken a step back, and NOT thought about him, and thought about what it is the I want. In fact, i wrote a post on it, but wont go into the detail. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this, is that it helped me come to the same conclusion as I did when I was angry and resentful, but it was for a different reason. This time I realized that I might have to go, but it's not to punish or hurt him - it's for me. It's becuase i realize what I want - he can not give. Anyway, if I do decide to go (or make him go, as will be the case), I will have done it because of love for me and it has nothing to do with him, other than he can not give me what I need while he is drinking. I can let go in Peace...peace with myself at least, and that's all I care about now. Good luck to you - I hope this helps a little!