Old 03-01-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chardan

Spouse coming home from detox/rehab. What do I do?

My husband has been an alcoholic for the past 5 years. He hit what I believed was rock bottom and ended up in the hospital 2 years ago. My kids and his brothers were aware at that time that he indeed was an alcoholic. When my husband got out of the hospital he went to his regular physician where we discussed how to detox and with our physicians help he detoxed at home and began going to AA. He stayed sober for 6 months and then began dabbling in drinking. He hated AA. He kept saying I'm not like those losers. He believed he could control it and thought we were all wrong about his problem, he began hiding the fact he was drinking again. He hit yet another rock bottom this week and is now in a detox/rehab facility. It is no longer a secret to family and close friends. It is a relief to me he is in a treatment facility but he will be coming home in about 4 days. As his wife, I need to know what to expect when he comes home. How do I help him? What do I do? How do I show I care what happens to him without enabling him? I have so many questions. I want to do and say what is best for his recovery and I don't know what to do. Please help me.