View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
GabC

Originally Posted by canterbell View Post
The health service here is in my opinion very good.
despite the fact I feel like they have on this occassion let me down.
I am still the emotional cripple I was before, maybe more so...?
But

All by myself, I am still sober, and sweet lord its been hard. Not the actual giving up, that was for the most part fairly easy, but he enforced cold, sober examination of my own pathetic, I did not sign up for that.

Nobody said that would be easy, but I am sure you never said it would be this hard.

I just replied to your first post, without reading the full thread. Sorry.

Yes, introspection is not fun. However drinking just masks the problems we face, and only temporarily. Usually it makes things worse, too, at least it does with me - it has affected my love life, my work, relations with my parents, family and friends. I have made a clown of myself too often to mention. I am now trying to repair those damaged relationships and build new ones.

It has made me overweight, due to its calorific content and the fact I was too hungover/drunk to do any exercise. So now I have sobered up I am trying to remedy this by exercising.

I can only suggest that you confront your problems and seek to fix them. Easier said than done, but that's the best advice I can give without knowing your specific circumstances.