View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bob36

I still work in bars- and its rattling me- I only gave up drinking because it leads to coke which is still not far enough behind me to be comfortable. I get free liquor in bars as well- coke was a no brainer to want to quit- alcohol, which has never been a huge issue is harder because social drinking was more my pattern. But Im doing it anyway. Thats my outlook. That said.
1) I wouldn't go at all. if the band is good they will still be around when you are stronger.
2) If you don't heed that advice you might benefit from the strategy Im using this Sunday- Ive already made an appointment to call someone I met at the meeting on every set break. That way Ill have a distraction. Since Im in the band there wont be noise- so maybe you could do the same thing with text.

But all in all- I just would avoid the difficulty- and as was pointed out above- Ive noticed cravings come when Im NOT expecting it- not when Im ready for it. I can feel super committed one minute - even relieved that it is feeling easy- and then get the desire to use simply invade my thoughts right after my bout of self congratulation. scary ****.