Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
It is very clever at arguing both sides of the argument. For example, several years ago when I was anticipating results from a blood test hoping my liver function would be ok. I thought that if it was a bad result the only way to cope with the news would be to have a drink (beast talk). As it turned out the tests came out fine so I thought... "I haven't done any damage yet doing what I've been doing so I'll just celebrate the good news with continued drinking" (beast talk as well). Two sides of the argument and two totally opposite feelings, being scared on the one hand and happy and relieved on the other. The beast uses any argument and any feeling as an excuse to drink.
I cannot believe I never spotted this myself. For years and years, if I felt bad about something, I'd drink to console myself. If something good happened, I'd celebrate with a few drinks. It seemed so logical at the time but, really, it's so stupid. The Beast had me right over a barrel. The drug never changes so how can it do two polar opposites? AVRT exposes the Beast as a snide salesman out to sell people things they don't need. I bought into it for a long time, not any more though.