Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DeadAZ

I've recently dealt with a simulair situation.Im at about 12 days sober,this time.I only have a handful of real friends.People I grew up with and have known for more than half my life and you know,am generally close to.Well,I realized in the last 2 weeks that were all alcoholics.Somehow,were pushing 30,and every single one of us is some type of alcoholic.It makes me want to ball like a little baby thinking about it like that.Im the only one currently sober out of 6 of us.We all have jobs,a few have good careers and are "closet alckys"...Were all that laughable term,what is it functioning alcoholics,or functionable..somethin' like that.Well,not me man.Im a binge drinker.Have been for over 5 years.Ive tried to quit many times...Ive had alcohol poisening treated twice,the last time was almost 2 weeks ago.I have to quit for good this time.

So Im on my path,and Im feeling good.I told my buddies,and they support me.All of them.They know I can't drink like we did when we were younger,watching football and bbqing and whatnot.I could handle it,not over drink/black out.I was an every day drinker,and got it to where id drink to kill the shakes but barely get a thing out of it.And then the weekend would come and Id binge.Sorry to ramble...

What Im saying is,tell your friends.If there true friends,they'll support you.If there more of aquantinces,maybe do something else...