View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Skyla

Please give me some advice!

Hello! First of all I really hope that I'm in the right place for this post. Apologies if I'm not!

I'll give you some background on the problem first. My best friend and I are both 23. We've known each other since the age of 3 and have done everything together all our lives.

At the age of 19 we both started 'experimenting' with various different drugs - LSD and Mushrooms to coke and ecstacy and other well known ones in between apart from crack and heroin. At the time the whole group we used to hang around with were doing it too. For us it was just a phase - and a really fun one I dont regret either. We've all grown out of it now and none of us use drugs anymore (apart from the odd joint at weekends). This is with the exception of my best friend. She's got a coke habbit going on. I wasn't worried at first because of my first-hand experience with it. Basically she's now been doing it since February this year every weekend without fail. It started off where the coke session would finish at around 4 in the morning. She's now doing it all night and for a lot of the next day. We hang around with a coke dealer who also does crack. Its never been a problem to me as I dont think twice about saying no to coke or crack so its not got in the way of our friendship (I knew this guy before he started using crack and dealing). I'm now worried as this friend of ours gives her loads of coke and doesn't ask for anything in return (he likes to have someone to do it all night with). She's not tried crack and I don't think that she will but I'm worried as this is now unknown territory for me. She did a 16 hour binge the other week and she and our friend got through 7 grams. Another night I had a party and none of the people who I invited around were into drugs so there wern't any there except she had a sneaky gram on her which she did completely by herself. She spent most of the night upstairs on her own. This is becoming a problem as I can't keep up with her as I don't have the energy because I'm not doing it. I don't know what to do. If I suggest not hanging around with him she doesn't mind but then half way through the night we'll 'bump' into him and she'll get some or she'll just get it anyway. Either way no matter what happens she's at it every weekend. Her character is changing as well - she's lost a bit of weight (not loads) and has become self-obsessed. She puts me down and goes on about how attractive she is and how many men fancy her (some of which don't). I can handle that but I'm worried about her because its not like her. I know she's not using it during the week but weekends she gets about 4 hours sleep max. Its not good for her and I don't know what to do. I've told her to slow down and that I'm worried about her (as are our friends) but she says she's enjoying herself and she doesn't have a problem and she's fine and to stop going on about it.

Sorry to go on but as I said before I'm worried and have no experience with this kind of use. Please help!

Thanks for reading this!