View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FindingJoy

So I can relate my EXAB has been "sober" as far as I know (which means we really don't know what people are doing when we are not around) for 5 months.
He is in AA with a sponsor, last I heard on step 9 , has a therapist , and a psyche and is on Meds for anxiety (SSRI not benzos).

I should add that when he's great this man professes his love, buy lavish gifts, love notes, is affectionate and over the top in every way. The flip side is a mean, selfish, self hating, very sad and diseased person.

Guess what it's nt even 50-50 and I bet your situation isn't either. My Ex was 80% exhibiting unacceptable and unloving behavior. But his over the top love gestures made it seem much better than it was.

Gee I learned that I deserve someone who operates out of a loving space 100% of the time. That doesn't mean someone needs to be perfect ur just men's being kind, honest , loving, and healthy.

I would have been thrilled with 50-50 while I was enmeshed in the relationship but once I went no contact I realize how insane my thinking became.

He is who he is now...let him go and work on himself and if he does this man may meet the qualifications to have you in his life.
Moving out is a great start. Us Codies get addicted to the addict and we have to seen ourselves off of them. So one step at a time. Moving out would be an excellent start.

Time to focus on you and let him focus on him (or his drinking if that's what he wants).