Thread: Home detox
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KuanYin

Yes, people do die from mixing opiates, benzos, especially add methadone to that mix, and that's a deadly recipe. I don't know how my son is still alive. That's a good thing that you don't like xanax, and that alcohol is not an issue for you. If you can prepare yourself mentally for what's to come, then you can do anything you put your mind to. There's a guy on another thread right here who is detoxing at home, and is on day 4 I believe, and so far so good. Most people experience really bad diarrhea, and vomiting, so having immodium on hand in advance (so you don't have to run out to the store to get it) will help, as well as having plenty of liquids, gatorade, sprite, gingerale, (I'm a firm beliver in chicken soup!), whatever you can keep down for 4 to 7 days or so. It all depends on the person. A lot of people recommend having advil on hand for the headache, and in general aches and pains. Oh, the backache! I haven't heard of anyone yet going through wd who hasn't had a backache. Maybe there has been, but if so, I haven't heard. Expect fatigue, lethargy, depression, brain playing tricks on you telling you to forget this $h!t and go back and use and feel better, but don't listen to it. If you are committed, you will do it. I'll keep you in my prayers, I'd love to see you succeed! Please keep us posted on your and your gf's progress! ****{hugs}}}