View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RoundII

lizatola,
I have the same dilemna as you. When my A went to rehab and became sober, I removed all alcohol from the house (that I could find). I would not drink in front of her out of respect for her struggle, as it was difficult to transition into a life of sobriety when all of your freinds are still drinking heavily all the time. That was my decision and SHOULD have no effect on her sobriety.
We were both sober for some time, and over the past few years she has come to accept that the world around her does drink,and was fine abstaining. I now occasionally will have 1-2 drinks when we go out or a glass of wine at suppertime, but certainly not the all-nighters and bar scene of yore.
Unfortunately after over 5 yrs sober my A has relapsed and I am questioning weather once again I need to clean the house of liquor....ESPECIALLY her hidden stashes.
It is a difficult decision to make as I know I cannot control her sobriety- only my own, but I CAN decide to remove some of the temptation from our house and support her struggle.
I am open to input.