Thread: Abstinence..
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
KelleyF

Kelley- are you from the NW? It's a small world, I came across someone from the same area as me on here a few months ago!

Hi windmill

No, I'm not from the NW ~ down more London way... But i rarely see anyone from UK on here. I'm living in USA now...so no matter I guess.
Me and BF were over there about 2 weeks before his relapse; I had to show him London at Xmas; plus we went to see Noel G.
He was asking me where Beatles were from; Liverpool of course; what they don't teach in US schools / haha

The question you posed; letting go of the past; but not thinking of the future?
I've been thinking on that one... Don't have an answer except maybe once your learn the lessons from the experiences of the past; you have to let that anger and hurt go; for your own sanity. And the future... I think we should always think of the future, but unless out of necessity (like danger, violence) we need to not act when we are overly emotional. Just move slowly and not shut doors firmly behind us; or rush into new situations that might not be what we need once our emotions calm. But I'm not a 12 stepper so that may not be what they had in mind at all !

Praying for you and your family.
Kel