Thread: Home detox
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KuanYin

Originally Posted by WHOamInow View Post
Ive been in the wrong forum for a week or sooo, but I am (was) yeah WAS a drug dumpster. But- lately its been OPIATES, banging them up,... Me and my girlfriend- we want our relationship to LAST THRU THIS, so we are weaning ourself slowly- and getting close enough to start trying to find NA meetings to attend.. Im having a rough time coming to reality that THIS IS GONNA END, so whats the best way?? Went off for few days, and got SUPER SICK AND WALKED THRU HELL.. So from 12MG of Diuladid each day, down to 2-3MG a day for a week or two isnt that bad is it?? One more week, or half a week-- goin to suboxene strips for a week.. Any more or less suggestions will help, thank you, and im SOOO HAPPY to find a place like this... LOVE IT!!
You're in a good place at this forum! You've made a good choice to seek help, and to acknowledge wanting to stop. I have never been an addict, but I have a 26 year old son who has injected oxys (and everything else) for the past 6 years. I was with him through all sorts of attempts at rehab, etc. I also worked as a substance abuse counselor for a few years, and as a methadone counselor. That said, detoxing at home is difficult, from what I've seen. May I ask how long you have been injecting opiates? And if you've been using benzo's with them (xanax, k-pins, valium) with them, especially in large quantities, detoxing from them puts you at risk of seizure. When the vomiting and diarrhea starts, you're going to need to be careful about staying hydrated, which is why most people detox in an inpatient setting.

I wish you the very best, and I'll be glad to provide any information I can for you.