View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kennyC

I am really addicted....???

Hello all,

I saw this site in a search for answers and figured I'd join and try to understand more about alcohol. Maybe someone can help me...

I am currently drinking 10-12 drinks per week. Only at night, after kids go to bed. Mostly wine, sometimes a vodka on the rocks. It relaxes me. Last 2 years this has increased from 6-8 drinks a week. Most moderate drinking info tells you that this ok. And in some regards, healthy, especially drinking moderate amounts of wine. I am functional, have a great career, loving Father and Husband. But I feel I could be doing better. Much better. I also a type A personality.

But here's the thing: I have had insomnia for that last 5 years. Really bad. I have had lack of energy, and sometimes extreme anxiety and worry. I always wrote this off the stress of my job and busy lifestyle.

On top of 10 to 12 drinks a week.(I'm 5'11" 165 pounds) I take a sleeping pill to help insomnia an average 5 to 6 times a month.

My friends say I'm nowhere near abusing alcohol. My doctor says I drink in moderation. My wife says cut it back or quit. What say you? Any advice or perspective would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KennyC