View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KuanYin

olliepop151, you came to the right place. People who shoot oxys don't simply start overnight nor do they stop overnight. My 26 year old son is an opiate addict, shoots oxys, and does numerous other drugs. He's been on subs, methadone, been to jail more times than I can count, been in more than 12 different types of rehabs. Oh he's good looking, great sense of humor, awesome personality, he's the guy that 'to know him is to love him', would give you the shirt off his back kinda guy. And smart, he can do all sorts of college geometry, algebra, trig, but never bothered going to college, too busy smokin those blunts. And sadly now he has a little girl who will soon be 4 years old. And her daddy, who she never gets to see, shoots oxys. Life is not supposed to be that way.

None of us can tell you what to do, but we can tell you what we've been through and what the prospects are likely, in a life with a shooter. Look at how it is now and imagine addiction as progressive .... increasing because the current dose just doesn't cut it anymore and they need more and more to get their fix, so that means more money, more money, more money, and who is going to supply that money? Who supplies the money now? Oxycontin/roxycontin is a synthetic morphine, some have said it's more powerful than heroin, at least more addictive than heroin. If I had a choice to give birth to a child who was going to be an addict, or to a child who was not going to be an addict, guess which I'd choose?