View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
best
Don't get undies in a bunch

Would be nice if us guys could understand things from the start.

I have reached a point of understanding about the truth issue you speak of.
It was my plan to win back that trust, even if it took a year or more.

As I have posted on a thread or two before to others...
The guy brain says...OK job done move on. Task finished, lets get back to where we left off.
Till someone points out what a woman goes through in thought, till a guy reaches an understanding that we need earn the trust, we won't know any different then what our brain tells us.
I knew my conviction was exact. My yes was yes and my no was a no.
I needed the understanding that time to prove to others what I knew in my own heart would be needed.
Time heals. Time shows proof of conviction.
When my actions cried wolf for so many years, why should anyone believe me now? It took time.

As i said... till someone tells him and he understands, he will just use what tools he has and knows... a guy's brain.

Charlie Brown and the football being pulled away is a good word picture.
How does he feel about Charlie Brown's actions? Should Charlie trust Lucy?
What if she lets him kick the ball once? Should he run full force the next time or should he think before running full speed?
The football has been pulled away but now he is holding it with full conviction. Waiting for you to kick it.
Talk it over with him. Give him a word picture that asks him how would he react.
men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Was a good book that helped me understand the differences between the sexes.