View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 11:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

You go, Magic

Originally Posted by Magichappens
... It hurts his feelings that I don't trust him. It bothers him that he can't just jump into things where he left off...
um..... pardon me for jumping in. If I may suggest, as a recovering addict whose DOC is alcohol, that if his feeling get hurt he'll get over it. If he _lost_ your trust then his job is to _earn_ it back. If that bothers him he can go share about it in a meeting :-)

... I know that change is uncomfortable....
Definetly. Down right scary, in my opinion :-) However, it seems to me from reading your posts that you have become stronger, wiser, and more independent. All wonderful things regardless of the situation. Perhaps what you are experiencing is not change, but _growth_. If that's the case, then you have nothing to fear :-)

I find change to be scary cuz it's out of my control. I have no way of knowing if it's going to be good or bad. Growth, on the other hand, is good. I am in control of my own growth, I decide how fast or how slow to grow, I decide to work my program or not, I decide to listen to the suggestions of those wiser than me. Growth is always good, even if I goof it up and don't grow as fast as I could ;-)

... What the outcome will be, only time will tell. I'll just take it one day at a time...
Way to go! That's the good thing about life. No matter how bad things get, even in the worst possible case, it only happens one day at a time. That's something small enough that with the help of my program, even I can handle it :-)

Praying for ya Magic, all of us are. With some many people making such a racket your HP is going to be paying attention fer sure :-)

Mike :-)