View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Welcome DoinThis...You will have to make up your own mind about going. Obviously, you want to hear opinions or you wouldn't have posted, so here's mine...
I drank for 30 years. I am sober 13 months. Doesn't seem like a whole lot in the spectrum of things but let me tell you how that came to be. I wanted to stop drinking more than I wanted another drink...for good...not just until the next family function came up that I thought I could use for yet another excuse. Im ((sorry)) about your Mom but I'm afraid you don't have enough sobriety under your belt to safely ward off evil. You will give in to either the lost feelings you have from the memories or you will give in due to peer pressure. Saying that your "besties" said not going is not an option is not taking control over your life or control over you're own thoughts. You are letting them puppeteer you into going and you know it won't be a safe trip -alcohol wise.
Saying they will watch out for you is a bunch or malarchy in my mind...no one will watch out for you -but you. They'll all be sloshed. It's just too soon for you, Hun, just too soon.
If I was in your situation...I seriously would not go IF I wanted my sobriety bad enough. But that, my dear, is entirely up to you.
This is your choice, your life, your journey.

Wishing you peace and strength.