View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
naive

whatamess-

i would imagine at this stage you could be thinking these people are overreacting.

almost 2000 posts later and over 3 years on this board, i've witnessed situations such as yours explode, and explode in a minute.

please understand, he is white knuckling it, which means he is not drinking but not in recovery or treatment. he is under stress. alcoholics deal with stress by drinking. he is not drinking.

on the horizon, we have a stag party next weekend. it's a recipe for disaster.

will it be possible for him to go to a stag party and not drink? if he was serious about not drinking, he would skip the stag party. if he was serious about spending more time with the boys, he would skip the stag party. yet he's chosen to go.

i agree with willy on the cash, credit cards and extra keys for your preparation. i have witnessed many times the alcoholic removing all access to funds by draining the joint account. he can't close it, but he can empty it.

leaving is a very dangerous time. stay safe. watch out for signs of him drinking again. watch out for subtle threats. watch out for him blocking an exit or forcing you into a conversation you don't want to have. condition yellow.