View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sapling

Originally Posted by rexbad View Post
Hello my name is Aaron im 22 years old and im an alcoholic. Just seeing if this site will help any. Im trying to quit drinking i drink anywhere from a bottle a day to a 6 pack or a 12 pack a day. Alcohol runs heavy in my family.
Hey Aaron...You sound a lot like me at your age. And I grew up in Virginia too. You don't have any problem admitting you are an alcoholic...Which is good. I didn't either at your age....I just didn't do JACK about it. So I can tell you from experience...Add 30 more years of drinking onto that...And that 12 pack slowly becomes a case+. Picture anything that can possibly go wrong in your life....It will. You have two options right now. Start living the way you should be living...Or drive it right into the dirt like I did.
I'll tell you what I did....I hauled my sorry ass into an AA meeting and asked for help. They told me what I had to do and I did it...And I stopped. I worked at it...And still do. But I don't need that sh!t anymore. And you don't either. You can also give me 15 excuses why that won't work for you...And I'll tell you...Then find something else that does. There are other recovery methods and programs here that people have recovered with. Ask some questions..Take some action. This site can help you a lot. But you're going to have to do some footwork. Or just take the same beaten path I took. Good luck to you Aaron. I hope you get busy.