View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
faustina

Lilac0721- Yes I agree with EQ we have all been there, I slipped a week ago, drank two bottles of wine and went and bought a six pack of beer the next day, because I hate hangovers, (just stay drunk) insane, the day after that, still feeling like crap, ashamed and disappointed with myself and sick with a hangover. I actually thought for a minute to drink a bottle of beer that was left over, and then I thought, thats stupid then it would be the rest of the bottles and going out for more and being drunk for another day......so I prayed, and asked God to take my life and will over and do what he thought best, a minute latter I dumped the 4 bottles of beer down the sink, and while doing it I actually felt some sense of taking control of my situation. Then I cried and felt better. just keep trying and praying, stay sober and a few days will pass, I am currently at day 5, feeling much better and confiident again. Lilac0721, you are being honest with yourself, you are trying to stop drinking, this is not such a easy task for sure, try today make the commiment today to stay sober, I am glad u are on our team!! We need you. xoxo