View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sapling

Hey innerchild...I'm sorry you are feeling sad....I know that feeling all to well..Another relationship gone....Always..When I look at it...Right back to me and my actions. Drinking. IC...I also worked a good part of my life at jobs that I was way to qualified for and Lost...Again...My actions...My Drinking. I had to get honest with myself IC. I had to connect the problems in my life with alcohol. The more I looked...The more I found it was the cause of everything bad that was happening to me....And I was using it to solve problems...And it only made them worse.
I just got to a point where I couldn't keep doing this...I could stop for good and see if things got better...Healthwise..I was told by a doctor...I was killing myself by drinking. I gave it everything I had to get better....My only other option...More drinking...More problems...And dying. That was enough for me to realise...I can't do this anymore. I got into a program...AA for me....And gave it everything I had left...It gave me hope and I worked harder. I stopped...Eight months ago this week. You can do this IC...If AA is not right for you...Find something that is..And give it everything you have.....Drinking isn't the solution for every problem we have...It's the cause.....There is a solution...It's called changing your life and feeling good about yourself....You can do that. I know...I did...And I was right where you are....Alone and sad...I looked at my options and I put it down for good. Best of luck to you IC....It's well worth the effort.