View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Fitz))) - the people I had to make the greatest (IMO) amends to were my dad/stepmom. I never really said anything, past "I'm sorry" but I have made living amends. There are people and pets I can't make amends to...they're gone.

There is a chance (since I've reconnected with old friends) that I will come into contact with XABF#1. We were a wreck - me codie and close to being an alcoholic to deal with him, he's an ACOA an A. I've thought about it, and I don't know how it will go if we DO run across each other, but I've practiced what I will say "I'm sorry for my part in the problems we had. I'm not that person any more, and I wish you the best in life".

My pets that I let down? I can't make amends to them, but I live my amends to the pets I have now.

Though I don't have much experience in making amends (the rest of my family just told me "we don't need the details, we're just glad you're doing good", I do think it gets easier in time.

I know it's an important part of our recovery, I'm willing to do it to whomever I hurt, but the more recovery I have? My actions speak louder than words. I will say, it took me a while to get to this point. If it's hard for you, now, maybe take a break and try again later.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy