View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
KelleyF

Originally Posted by washbe2 View Post
Just know you aren't alone and others do care. Don't give up on the forum. We can't all see thing exactly the same way considering we are in different places in our lives. I have thought these same thoughts....even after years, but my head tells me to stop "helping".

It's the fear of what will happen when we do that prevents us from doing that. I spent so much to keep my son from ruining his life. It's ruined anyway. I always thought my son would be the one who would be different. Well, he is still alive, but that's about it. Alive with no life.

Just do what you feel is best, keep reading the sticky posts and any other literature on the subject you can find. Also think about the consequences that YOU will face and if there are children in your future, the consequences THEY would face. Protect yourself.
I care.
Washbe

I have been following your threads recently, and my heart goes out to you.
For you; as a 'mother' in this situation, I just am almost speechless as to what to say; because I know how your heart must break.

I have read about many of the things you did in an attempt to help your son; and you have went to endless limits. As a mom Im sure you have felt that is what you needed to do; despite the sacrifices you have had to endure as a result. I only wish that your son were able to show his appreciation to you.

My BF's dad; he has went to endless limits for his son also. I dont want anyone to get the wrong impression when I talk about consequences.... my BF did not stop using and seek help based on his dads actions to help him; protect him. Not at all.

In fact, BF had not seen his dad in a good year....when HE decided it was time to quit. His dad didnt walk out on him; he walked out on his dad.
This was also before I met him; so I am not taking any credit either.
BF told me the reason he stopped was because he realized he was going to die, and he decided that he wanted to live.

I appreciate so much your post; because I do know that you care. From all yoru threads it obvious that you are a very caring and loving person, a very caring and loving mom.

And yes, you make an excellent point about children. Honestly it concerns me; right now Im finishing grad school, and I want to focus on working after that fro a while....so yes, caution is a must... but also....some day I would like to have children and I would not want their lives to be filled with chaos and a father who was not present' in their lives. So I ponder this quite often.

Thank you for caring Washbe
Hugs
Kel