Thread: cold turkey
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jeremy87

Originally Posted by OxyMaddened View Post
Jeremy,

As to the parts I put in bold font: Yesterday morning, when I was at the peak of my discomfort, I picked up my phone to call a long time friend to tell her what I was doing. Before I could dial I saw a text from my pill man. The weird thing was, even with the huge amount of physical distress I was in, I was NOT tempted, because since the worst of the withdrawal started, I have been associating the use of these with all of this horrible unpleasantness. I called him to say, "do not send me any more messages, I have quit."

That's what has worked the best for me right now. Just thinking about how difficult, painful, and distressing the Detox/Withdrawal has been over the past several days is enough--at least for now--for me to never want to abuse this crap again. I don't ever want the possibility of ever having to go through this again.Perhaps if you associate all of these experiences DIRECTLY to even taking one more pill that will be enough for you to not "want" them anymore. I know it's working for me so far.

Hang in there, Bud. You absolutely CAN get through this! You're a young man with a lot of good years ahead of you.

i know im going to get the call eventually but dam i made it two days there is no turning back. like you said im gonna have to tell him "dont call anymore"
I have some people to weed out from my life, they're not real friends anyway. thanks for the support