View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Db1105 View Post
If someone wants to ridgedly live by every sentence of the Big Book that is fine, when they start condemning or saying others are not practicing "real" AA, well, I just can't see how you can live the 12 steps and come to that conclusion. Especially for me for when I start judging others, I'm usually heading down the wrong path. The bottom line of AA is working and living the 12 steps. The Big Book was geared to the still active alcoholic.
Yup. All that.

The Big Book looks a whole lot clearer and understandable now then it did at my last detox

And the simplicity of the writings in the book are absolutely composed for the benefit of the active drinking alcoholic primarily to stop drinking and then follow through with keeping sober and living a spiritual life going forward.

The Big Book and program came after sobriety was already being enjoyed by the contibutors to the book and program, and not before. They already had what for them was not already written. Damn straight the book is for the still out there alcoholic!