View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Db1105

You can take quotes out of any book to say anything you want. To say if you share your ESH at a meeting that is not is the Big Book is not carrying the AA message, but your own message, is just plain silly. To say you are depriving others of what they came to AA to get is not in the spirit of what AA is all about. If someone wants to ridgedly live by every sentence of the Big Book that is fine, when they start condemning or saying others are not practicing "real" AA, well, I just can't see how you can live the 12 steps and come to that conclusion. Especially for me for when I start judging others, I'm usually heading down the wrong path. The bottom line of AA is working and living the 12 steps. The Big Book was geared to the still active alcoholic. I for one get more out of reading the 12 & 12. With the OP's logic, that is inappropriate and denying people the message of AA in a meeting.

Thankfully, my home group which has been practicing and denying others the wrong kind of AA is well into its third decade of existance, with many members sober that long.