Thread: Confusion
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
jblocutus1701d

I've thought about going to an Al-Anon meeting, he told me there are also open AA meetings that I could go to as well. I know that I can't "fix" anything. There's nothing to fix, he's sick. He needs to heal. I'm just going to be there for him and support him in his healing. And I'm going to do some healing and growing of my own. I'm not sure if Al-Anon is going to really benefit me though, I've looked into it and it appears to be for those who are affected by the drinking, and I wasn't. It didn't ever get out of control and the drinking part didn't become the issue, he stopped that before it did. I'm affected now. Is that what Al-Anon is for? I don't want to go and find out I'm there for the wrong reasons. My hurt isn't the drinking, it's that he didn't tell me about his fears and thoughts sooner and I'm hurting from the separation, naturally, but I know it's what he needs to be healthy and happy and that's his priority. Mine is making sure that I'm emotionally in check and positive for my own sake and to be there for him but to not let it consume me, as you said earlier.
I'm really glad I joined this place. I'm floored at the support and number of responses in such a short time.