Thread: Confusion
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jblocutus1701d

I've done a lot of soul searching and personal growth this past week as well Matt, I was lost, and very confused (hence my subject line). I didn't know what to do, it appeared to come out of nowhere. I didn't know he had been worrying about it or that it was an issue..but I didn't know anything about recovering alcoholics. I am generally an open and understanding person and when it comes to someone I care about...there isn't much I wouldn't do for them (that wasn't unhealthy or harmed them). I just wanted hope. I've been going through a lot myself these past few weeks and I'm new to this scene. I've done a little research and I want to be able to be there for him, give him rides to meetings, give him an ear when he wants to talk, hug him when it's been a bad day, etc. I'm trying to stay positive for him, and more so for me. I encourage him, ask him about his day and how meetings went. I know that nobody can truly "get the hang of this", it's not an easy thing for anyone, but I'm understanding more and more each day. I told him that I'm going to be taking this time for my own personal development as well, and I fully intend on continuing. If it's meant to be then we'll come back to it stronger, more empowered, and healthier people. It may take me a while but I can usually find a silver lining in most situations.