Old 02-09-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Maro99

Originally Posted by NoWhereGirl View Post
No prob well, I can only speak for myself that I haven't been told the WDs will be worse later on as opposed to any other time once on the stuff except if I don't do it correctly by going slowly the way they say, and go too fast all at once without supervision like I did, so I don't know if that's true or not, but I totally get your point! They have told me there is a way to do it that isn't hell on earth, and maybe they're just blowing smoke up my bum to get me to take them but I have to trust someone with far more experience with it than myself and because I can't trust myself yet, lol!

All I know is that when I tried myself, I had gotten down really low on the sub to not have the same kind of problems I had before physically with the opiates but I wasn't ready to be off my sub in a mental or emotional way becuase I hadn't dealt with that side, partly due to my other habits and environment so that was what got me. Honestly though, I see more horror stories on the web than anywhere else and I'm not saying that is not an experience some have had by any means, but I also know not everyone has the same experience, whether it's this, opiates or anything else - Your Mileage May Vary.

I've heard a lot about that recipe and that people have had success on it. It has been mentioned here. However, I've personally from experience had problems with benzos and had horrible WDs on those (which I didn't realize at the time, of course) which were just as bad as any other horror story about opiates, Suboxone or anything else, and they are addictive too, so that is not a route that I want to go down again personally and end up dealing with that again too in a different way.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't perhaps? I guess I'm choosing the only one so far that has given me the least amount of problems, which is this. Whatever you choose, I just hope you do it safely and under supervision by a professional, that is what they are there for. Good luck! I'll be curious to hear other opinions as well, because I haven't seen a lot of others on Suboxone around here, and what I have seen hasn't been positive so I haven't talked much about it except in passing myself to avoid stirring the pot which I hope I haven't because my disclaimer is, again, this is MY personal experience with it only.
Thanks, again.. I have an appointment with the Suboxen doctor tomorrow so I will talk to him about some of my concerns and see what he has to say. Although im not expecting much to come from it because its clear that he sees Suboxen as a "Miracle Drug" or at least he try's to make it look that way. Im really considering tapering down over the next 2 weeks and just going cold turkey with the "Thomas Recipe" as well as a few other hopefully help full things I have found during my search. I will decide after my meeting tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to post and tell me about your situation. I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else that would like to join in the conversation. I will update the thread with what I decide and we will see how it goes from there.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Maro

Keep in mind that, while members can share our experience here, we can't give you medical advice, by our rules.

If you're unsure of which way to go, I hope you'll discuss your options with your prescribing doctor and get their input

D
I understand that, im just looking for opinions on what worked best for other people that have gone through a situation similar to mine.

Thanks