Old 02-09-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Maro99

New member.. Just started suboxen 2 weeks ago and need advice!

Here's a little about myself and what is going on.. I am a 29 year old male. I started taking opiates about two years ago for back pain and the high was just an added bonus. I started off slowly with loratab and progressed to taking 15 to 30 mg's of oxycodone. I never really started taking pills every day until about 6 months ago when my Dad passed away. He died of cancer and I got my hands on his Morphine (40, 30 mg pills). After about 3 weeks to a month those were gone and ive been taking anywhere between 90 and 250 MG of either oxy or morphine a day ever since.

After seeing how much I was spending and tired of being dependent on pills I decided enough is enough and went to a doctor and got perscribed Suboxen. I will have been on Suboxen for two weeks tomorrow. I was perscribed 24mg a day but dropped myself to 16mg after the first week. The past couple of days I have been doing alot of searching online about Suboxen and have come across countless horror stories of people trying to come off of Suboxen. In many cases it seems the longer you are on Suboxen the harder it is to get off, which is why I am here looking for advice.

Should I try to get off the Suboxen ASAP before I end up in the same situation I was with the opiates? I found "The Thomas Recipe" online which looks like it may be good to help alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms. I just don't want to make the mistake of using Suboxen for to long just to realize I am in the same situation I was in before I started using Suboxen. I have also read that withdrawal from Suboxen can last up to 3x longer than oxy withdrawls. Any advice/opinions that anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for such a long post.. lol

Thanks