View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
parabola

Question about Relapsing

Hey everyone this is my first time posting here. I'm just sort of lost right now because I don't really have anyone I can talk to about this (I just don't want to alarm anyone). I've been struggling with addiction to benzos (xanax and klonopin) and opiates (opanas, oxycontin, and vicodin) for a couple years. I went into detox in October of 2010 and was clean for a year, until I relapsed in October 2011.

To keep a long story short: I was taking klonopin and vicodin about once a week since my first relapse. I started to feel really sick (both mentally and physically) in between doses and I noticed that my tolerance to both the vicodin and klonopin remained extremely high, even after 2 weeks of abstinence. My last dose of klonopin was a couple weeks ago, and my last vicodin was about 4 days ago and I've felt like crap ever since. I've been getting a lot of anxiety, racing/weird/intrusive thoughts, some paranoia and insomnia. When I actually do sleep it almost feels like I'm awake while I'm dreaming, like I'm aware of the physical world around me but I'm still dreaming and I can't move or anything, if that makes any sense. I'm not really getting too many physical symptoms other than nauseousness, itching at times (usually in my legs) and chest pain / palpitations.

(Edit: I figured the doses I was taking would be relevant eh? I have been taking between 2-6mg of klonopin and 25-60mg of hydro, which is quite a lot less than what I used to take before I first got clean)

So basically my question is this: Am I losing my mind, or is this actually withdrawal? Can relapsing bring back withdrawal symptoms this hard, even if I wasn't taking the drugs every day? It certainly feels like it and I've heard a lot of people say that relapsing kicks in the addiction all over again; but sometimes my symptoms get so severe that I can't help but wonder if I'm just going crazy.