Thread: Confusion
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jblocutus1701d

As I said, the alcohol itself wasn't effecting him; it was the want of alcohol to deal with stress. He wasn't blowing his whole check on it or drunk every night. He just started to feel like he wanted it to aid in calming his nerves. I am very respectful of his recovery and I want him to focus on himself and I want to help and support him. If he was a full blown mess and had lost himself in it then I might not feel this way, he caught himself and didn't let it go that far.

I'm just wondering if a relationship can be beneficial in aiding in a circumstance like this. Having that kind of comfort and support can help can't it? It's a different kind of comfort and support than just friends; having that connection and allowing that kind of connection between you and another person, it's a different kind of connection than just friends.

If it will hurt his recovery then I understand, I want to support that not hinder it; but I'm wondering if it can help or if there are any success stories out there. I guess I'm looking for hope or reassurance that this kind of love and the connection that two people share when in a supportive relationship can help.