View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
phoebe64

anxiety/mild agorophobia

So, several years ago, I had some panic and anxiety issues. I had spells, i think they were real, where my heart did a blip, and I nearly passed out. I have had medical tests, etc... and nothing found. So, it is labelled anxiety. Sigh.

Well, whatever that was, does and has caused me anxiety, but anyway. What happens is when I get edgy, I get afradi to go out. I am afraid it will happen and i will be alone somewhere, no help, etc...

i am usually in control and fine, but with the not drinking this week, my nerves are edgy.

I really have errands to do, and should go see my dad. he is in a nursing home with dementia. That is the thing i often skip, poor dad. It was when he had a cardiac crisis that i began this anxiety stuff. So seeing him can bring it around. On a bad day, I just do not go there. yet in some ways, I feel safe once I am there, because there are nurses if I feel weird.

Ugh. Anyone else struggle with this, and moreso related to quitting drinking? I know I self medicate my edginess with wine. it is very soothing for a few hours...

I could take come colazepam, but I really try to be tough. I hate how tired it makes me and I don't want ot be driving like that. I don't drink and drive. Though i let my husband drink and drive me, duh. Another story...

Feeling edgy on day 3. Need ot get some stuff done though.

rochele