Old 02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FlyerFan
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by jjc81 View Post
Thank you for your reply ! I am very lucky to have a hubby who doesn't drink in fact he quit cold turkey 4 years ago. I must stress that I only drink when I'm at work (bartender) and that is 2 evenings a week. Out of respect for my hubby we haven't even had alcohol in our home in years. I guess I would classify myself as a "social" drinker. It is obvious that I need to quit my job until I feel I am strong enough to be around alcohol and not be tempted. But seeing other people around me and in family ( both my parents and an uncle) struggle with this I would like to quit now before it spirals out of control and does carry into my home life.
I am still thinking about AA , I am typically a very open person but we all have our insecurities. Thank You again so much for all of your suggestions.
The best motivation of all will be your kids. When you feel like you want to have a drink just think about them. do activities with them. I dont have children of my own but I do have 3 adorable nieces that i "Borrow" for arts and crafts and baking cookies, etc. (then i return them to their parents when they're good and hyper, LOL!)