View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

New to the Feb 2012 group - Hello

I am only a few days new to SRC, and just signed up today for this support thread. I have made it through Day 3. It has been a STRUGGLE, but I have made it through this gauntlet of a day. I am doing the AVRT method, and I made a few posts to other forums in the Sober Recovery Community.

That helped me make it through some very intense BATTLES to stay sober and remain focused on the awareness that 'I', my Conscious, Rational, Spiritual Mind does choose to be free from taking a drink, and that the screaming bloody murder thoughts and feelings promting me to drink are the symptoms of my Flesh Nature wanting to get intoxicated and just 'feel good all over'.

I did prevail today, and it does feel good to have my rational conscious Will not be controlled by some addictive programming / bad behavioral habits that I previously let get out of control.

I am looking forward to the interaction and encouragement that I have read in some of the posts in this Support Thread.

I hate to say I expect tomorrow to be another struggle, but my boss will be out of town and that has always been a perfect set-up to drink and 'get-away-with-it'.
:help