View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
HelloKitty8340

Day 10: The weekend was a little bit rough but I made it. I was home alone a lot this weekend with my husband at work and my daughter at her friend's house. I spent it mostly cleaning and reading. Not going to the bar before the Super Bowl made me feel a little bit out of place. Like that is where I was supposed to be with my husband and friends. BUT he came home in time for the game with hot wings (YUM) and watched the game here with me alcohol free. We had a good time and I realized that I have never EVER eaten Super Bowl food before, no matter where I was when I was watching the game. I was always pounding drinks and we all know that doesn't leave much room for food. I had to laugh when I realized how much good (GREAT) food I have missed out on over the years at every holiday, etc.

Also this weekend (On Day 7) my husband suprised me with a present. He went to a local AA and got me a 24 hour chip (or "medal of sobriety" as I call it...LOL). He asked for a 1 week chip but they don't have one so I got a 24 hour instead. It really meant a lot to me that he went and got it since I am not going to AA because I really don't agree with their methods. Anyway, it was really a really positive moment and I am looking forward to getting another one at 30 days.

The longest I have made it is 16 days last November. That was the only time I ever tried before. I too had the same feelings of "It's ok, one won't hurt". It has happened over and over in the last 6 months or so and so day 17 will be a milestone to me as much as 30 days will.

Cracked - So sorry about your kitty. I went through the same thing about a year and a half ago with a kitty with congestive heart failure. He was 12 years old and it hurt so bad to see him sick. But you are right to remember that you are much more able to care for a sick kitty when you are awake and alert. You will thank yourself later for being able to remember the time you and kitty have together.

Wow, I wrote a lot. Hope everyone is doing ok out there!