Old 02-07-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

Believe me when I say, the more I think about everything that has happened (and I only learned about alot of the lies from our talk this past weekend), the more disheartened...and confused...I am. It's why I'm making no rash decisions and taking it one day at a time. I'm not lessening the magnitude of what he has done but he didn't take money from me, but he lied about not getting a $50 check he was getting from a side job because we originally agreed that money was coming to me since he owed me that. It's still VERY wrong and it hurts sooooo much but this is why I am here, to learn what addiction is all about and to educate myself as much as possible so I *can* make an informed decision if and when that time comes.

As far as handling the finances, honestly, that's the one thing I don't see where there's a problem. Alot of my friends (couples) who are minus the issues that we are dealing with have one of the spouses/partners handling the bills and budget. I'm really good at it so I figure why not. My Dad handled his and my Mom's so I always thought of that as normal.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear what you have gone through as well. It is definitely an emotional rollercoaster and you deal with such intense emotions. It's weird though, when I should be the most down (after learning all that I did over the weekend) it actually made me stronger - for me I mean. Not sure if it made me distance myself a bit emotionally or what but it did set me into motion to start taking care of me better.

The one thing I am extremely frustrated about is I spent hours (literally) yesterday and last night scouring the internet looking for Nar Anon meetings and there is nothing even close to me, maybe 3 in the whole state I border. I am very surprised there aren't more support groups out there. Am I just looking in the wrong places?