Thread: Aa
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by 1_day@_a_time View Post
lost, wondering.....would you be willing to read a sec of the BB see how you felt about the info?

I know it helped me as I too struggled my whole life with the God/Higher Power thing.

If you are willing to digest the info & reflect for your life, take a look on pg 44, Chap 4.

Be interested to know your thoughts.
Alright, here are my initial thoughts. Granted, I have not thoroughly read the chapter but just did a brief read-through. While in the beginning of the chapter the author proclaims that AA is for atheists and agnostics, in the end chapter the message is clear. That faith is a requirement to leading a sober life, and that by seeking God one will eventually believe in that God. The very end of the chapter describes a man who found sobriety only by finally believing in God.

This I abhorrently object to and I doubt I will change my mind much. Of course, I have changed my mind somewhat regarding AA and so I will trudge on. Please do not take offense to my comments as you asked me for my thoughts, and this is what they are.