View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Creekryder,

First of all, AVRT is just a paradigm, it has no feelings, so even if you were to denounce it, it wouldn't get hurt. No need to walk on eggshells. It's not like you can "bash" it.

To answer your question, though, obviously the Beast of AVRT, which is just addictive desire, is physically a part of you. The separation is just a means to get a grip on it. If it helps, consider that the Beast did not always exist within you. You weren't born with this perverted survival drive imploring you to drink, drink, drink, were you?

I know that I wasn't. It just came to life one day, as if being brought forth in childbirth, and I heard a little voice in my head saying "Yes, Yeesss!!! THIS is what life is all about !!! You WILL drink again, come hell or high water!" In a way, it kind of is like an alien, and AVRT is just a way to return to your original, authentic self, without said alien running your life. GerandTwine just posted a very nice progression in the AVRT thread about this.