View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Jamaicanmecrazy,

I am carefully going to respectfully disagree with the previous posters in this thread ... with extreme caution.

Alcoholism is a dreadful, awful disease with absolutely apalling rates of actual long term rates of long term recovery ... in other words the odds are not in your favor for a successful outcome of the intervention.

That being said... nothing is impossible with God. And in recovery our own and others we really should consider what our HP is leading us to do as I truly believe that "the opportunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of the opportunity". Only God knows what is happening in the A's head and heart and if he is ready to hear and accept the truth and take aggressive action as a result of the Intervetion.

I don't know any of the people involved but before any attempts are made I strongly suggest that each member considering an Intervention read "No More Letting Go" by Debra Jay. It is excellent in every way... in my opinion any way.

Being a recovering codie makes your decision a sticky one... are you in counseling? If not it might be a good time to seek out someone well versed in both codependency and addiction.

If you are healthy and healed enough this could be step in your journey that may help you to accept whatever it is that is in the future ... or it could set you back in your own recovery!

Tread carefully... seek guidance from professionals and your HP... and remember if the Intervention is successful the road of recovery is loooong and difficult. It certainly doesn't come close to guaranteeing any successful outcome and relapse is always, always, always in the realm of the possible and even the likely.

That being said... my RA and I have experienced the "miracle" and there is always hope... but it truly is a miracle and it is so very, very, very rare.

Keep us posted ... you are in our thoughts and prayers.